If you recently purchased the Amazon Echo smart speaker with Alexa then definitely you are interested to know what can Alexa do, how does it work and how to set up it? Setting up your smart speaker for music, shopping, and smart home control can be complex, and this is where our Alexa user guide comes in. Keep reading the complete blog to know about the amazon alexa setup. Before you jump to the setup process, let us know about Amazon Alexa device.
What is Amazon Alexa and how does it work?
Alexa is the voice-based smart home assistant. Amazon echo is a smart audio speaker with a personal voice assistant known as Alexa that allows you to listen to radio stations, set timers and alarms, stream music from services such as Amazon Music, and control smart home devices including smart lights, connected thermostats, and appliances. Alexa has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity facilities; stays online all the time when connected to your Wi-Fi. It accesses the cloud services so that you can stream or play music by using your smart phone. Alexa devices come in two types that are speakers with Alexa built in, and devices that work with Alexa, and can be controlled by using your voice.
How to Set up Amazon Alexa?
Whether you have an Echo Dot, Echo Plus or other Amazon Alexa enabled device, it is easy to use the Amazon’s virtual assistant. You need to turn it on and it takes you through the setup process. But to get the best out of your Alexa, you will have to install the Amazon Alexa App on your Smartphone or log in to the alexa.amazon.com web interface using your Amazon account login details.
Amazon Alexa setup via Android Phone:
- First, connect your Alexa echo device to the wifi network and plug in the power outlet.
- After that, turn on the Amazon alexa device.
- Now, download and install the Amazon Alexa app on your android phone from Google Play store.
- Open the app and log in to your Amazon account using login details.
- Now, go to the “Settings”.
- Next, go to the “Applications”.
- Click “Default Applications” and then click Assist and Voice Input.
- Now, select “Alexa” and click “Allow”.
- Once your Amazon Alexa device is connected to the wireless network, it is ready to talk to you.
Amazon Alexa setup via Windows PC or Laptop:
You can install Alexa on any computer running Windows and set it up and running in a few minutes. Some computer devices come preloaded with Alexa. You can check if your PC already has it installed by typing “Alexa” in the search section of the toolbar. If it has not already installed then follow the steps given below:
- Download the Alexa from Dropbox official link.
- Once Alexa for Windows is installed, set the language to US English. Alexa for Windows PC only supports this option.
- Now you will be prompted to log in to the Amazon Alexa account.
- Enter the login details to log into the Amazon Alexa.
- Now, you need to enable app sounds and allow the Alexa app to launch when you log in to your computer to complete the setup process.
- Make sure that the Amazon Alexa device is connected to the wifi network and is ready to talk to you. Once the Wi-Fi connection is successfully established, you would be able to see a message stating “setup completed, your device is now connected to Wi-Fi”.
Note: If the setup does not start automatically then press and hold the “Action” button placed on the device until the light ring turns orange. Now open the Alexa app, go to the menu and select Alexa Devices and click on Add Alexa Device.
This blog provided you with information related to Amazon Alexa setup. If you face any issue or in case you want to know something else about Amazon Alexa, you can contact us. We have a dedicated team of technical experts who are available 24*7 to provide you assistance. To get connected with them, you can contact them on the toll-free number or you can also go for a live chat option.